- Provide a den or covered area where your pet can feel safe.
- Plug in an Adaptil or Feliway diffuser close to the den.
- Ignore fearful behaviour eg trembling, panting, whining etc as reassuring them often makes the problem worse.
- Walk your dog whilst it is still light outside, before the fireworks start.
- Ensure all doors, windows, gates etc are securely closed to prevent escapes.
- Provide extra litter trays for cats.
- Draw the curtains and put on the TV/Radio.
- Do not try to drag your pet from his den, or punish him – this will make matters worse.
- Try not to leave your pet alone – they may hurt themselves.
- Be prepared to walk your dogs very very late, after all the fireworks have completely stopped, or get up very early in the morning.
Top 10 Tips for Animals and Fireworks